Advantages of web applications
- Do not need installation. That is a huge advantage especially when it comes to larger companies with many computers.
- Lower costs.
- Centralized data storage - easy to make database backups. That allow you to recover data in case of problems.
- The software is accessible from any computer worldwide (provided it is connected to the Internet). So you can work from anywere.
- Accessible 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- You/your employees always use the latest version of the web software(unlike windows based programs that must be reinstalled or updated one by one on each computer).
- Online training.
Business Benefits of web applications
- Reduce time when the phone as quickly and you need to give information to customers.
- Web-based documentation eliminates costly and wasteful distribution of printed materials.
- Web database applications can have a public part that is visible to all (not just company employees).
- Employees or agents, no matter where they are, have direct access to current information.
- Many different reports and statistics.
Disadvantages of web applications
- They are slower than applications installed on the employee computer, because the information flows through the Internet.
- You cannot work if internet connection is interrupted.
- They are relatively more unsecure than windows applications installed on user computer.